Thursday, March 15, 2007

Few of my favourite things

Sitting at next to a window with a hot mug of tea and my favorite book, with the rain pouring outside.
Dinner with my entire family sitting at one dinning table.
Looking at the evening sun rays filtering through the leaves of big coconut trees.
Sitting at Marine drive and looking at the setting sun over the silent sea.
Smell of home cooked food.
Sleeping on my mom’s lap.
Looking at a kid smiling in sleep and wondering who is that kid dreaming of?
Snuggling into my warm blanket during cold winter nights and feeling lazy to get up on cold mornings.
The smell of first rain after very hot summer.
The feeling of fresh and wet grass under my feet.
Looking at horizon from a sea beach n wanting to touch it.
Looking at sun rise from 36,000 ft above the ground while flying home.
Walking along the beach with sea waves playing touch n go with my feet.
A big hug from someone I missed for a long time.
A surprise party which my friends arranged for my birthday.
Getting letter of appointment from my dream company…Accenture.
Rain drops on Roses and spider webs.
Receiving an offline message or Orkut invitation from a long lost friend or a long forgotten crush.
Feeling rain splash on my face and dancing in the rain.
Coming home to a warm welcome from my dearest pet dog.
Listening to songs like Summer of 69 and Hotel California with my old friends.
Waking up to songs of birds in morning.
Climbing on mango trees and getting scolded later.
Dancing to my favorite song when alone at home.
Having orange candy on a hot summer afternoon.
Going on long drive with music playing full blast.
Looking at the full moon and looking at the star full of sky from a place far away from the madding city.
Lazy afternoon sleep on those rare Sundays when I am home.

These are some of the moments that refresh me whenever I think of them. When these things happened, they went by in a flash. But when I sit n remember them, they always manage to put a smile on my face. What are your special moments? Do drop it in the comments...

5 comments:

Savy said...

All of these.. each one....
- The discussion with ol ol friends, of ol' crushes, fundebaaji of senseless things, philosophy, gyaan, etc etc. after all of are a few drinks down
- Sitting at the rock side of Fatehsagar or at a friend's place with hot snacks (Panditji ke break pakode at FS) and singing our hearts out...
- Attending the baraat of a friend's wedding having a blast of time with all cousins n pertty girls ;-)
- Meeting someone known most unexpectedly in a different country, amidst strangers
- Reading a book or article which so much resembles your self, that u can control but smile :)
- Laugh out aloud reading a funny joke, while others around you sit and stare, whats wrong with you...
- The way we got scared of the smell, when we first smoked and were afraid to be caught
- Gulping down almost a quarter of black rum (with no drinking experience)on new year's party... why dint somone teach me drinking ettiquated by then, gosh i had a bad time :)

Anonymous said...

pure torture
don't waste your time and others

Anonymous said...

You are amazing and you have covered most of the fav things in everyone lives.
Some of mine would me that just came on top of my mind would be:
- Seeing my parents after a long time when visiting back home
- Riding on my fav. bike on the roads early in the morning, just before sunrise...those cool breezes...haah, feels so nice.
- When in school and when you come to know suddenly that the teacher is not in today and you are asked to go out and play for that hour
- Driving on Route 1, along the ocean side, park the car at the ocean side and enjoy the sunset with some nice coffee.
- Not liking to go to sleep on the weekends when I have my friends/relatives visiting my place
And the last but not the least would be in getting touch with you, but how?

Unknown said...

Well, it's chicago.maverick99@gmail.com who posted the recent comments.

Unknown said...

Can I please expect a reply to my comments?

chicago.maverick99@gmail.com